Friday, November 25, 2011

basic laundry soap recipe



::Note::


I found all of these ingredients locally at our wonderful health food store, but had trouble finding the soap flakes anywhere else.  Not sure what could be used if you couldn't find them where you live.


I use about 1/2 cup, but sometimes more if it a particularly dirty {potato digging attire}or smelly {rumpled towels and dish clothes}.


You can also add essential oils directly to the powder or to your water, but I kind of like the scent of cold fresh water.  It is rather refreshing.


I always use cold water to wash our clothes so I can't imagine what this what do with hot water.




go gently + be wonderful

e.

2 comments:

  1. I use a bar of fels naptha laundry soap, grated and let "dry/cure" overnight. Works great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also use fels naptha, but have used dr. bronners bar soap as well, and both seem to work great for me...except that I have to do the grating :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...