Monday, February 7, 2011

little boys + bow ties













More adventures in simple sewing brought me to this retro bow tie pattern for little boys.  It was the simplest thing to cut, sew and put together, but I found you do have to hold your mouth just right when tying it up.  But after a few choice words and about 13 attempts I did finally get it just right.  


Now anyone who knows me, knows I am a firm believer in the bow tie revolution (as well as the tutu revolution, but that is another story for another day).  In order to do my part in supporting said revolution I will happily be selling these sweet things in my etsy shop in two sizes.

7 comments:

  1. Are they clip-on? It's not safe to have something tied around a child's neck. If it's not a clip-on, you could alter it to be so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is elastic with a velcro closure...I actually wanted the clip on type and thought I could alter this, but not with the way this is made...perhaps I will modify or look for another pattern.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me of Dad, who always preferred a bow tie!
    Take care
    Love Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! And he looks SO much like Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Bow ties are amazing! Dave really wants to get some. Gideon would be so adorable in one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please post a link for your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...